Sunday, August 18, 2024

Spider Fangs! Episode 2 of our YouTube Series "What Lives in my Yard?

In the second episode episode of the new series on YouTube. What Lives in My Yard? Episode 2: Spider Fangs! gives you a close-up look at the eyes, claws, fangs, and even the beating heart of a living spider. I find a spider in my yard and capture it to put it under the digital microscope to get a close look at the fangs it uses to deliver it venom and to see why spiders are so good at climbing walls. We also add a few new moths to our Master List including one whose caterpillar has tiny barbed "hairs" that can cause a painful reaction if they come into contact with your skin. I put these under the microscope as well and let's just say the porcupine has nothing on this guy except size. Visit our new YouTube Channel to join me on my weekly quest to find and identify every animal species that lives in my yard.



No comments:

Post a Comment